The Charlesgate Alliance launched on January 24th, 2017, to bring positive change to the Charlesgate neighborhood. We look forward to working with you! We are dedicated to improving Charlesgate and to knitting together the Charlesgate district. We promise to become an effective force to defend and serve our diverse and dynamic neighborhood.
The Charlesgate Alliance is planting 15 trees in the park this Spring! See how you can help.
Read the letter to Governor Baker written by Karen Mauney-Brodek, Pam Beale and Parker James, sent on November 11, 2020 to advocate for the Charlesgate area. 33 organizations signed on to support the letter. Also attached is Mayor Walsh’s October 21, 2020 letter to the Governor.
The City of Boston made a video with one of our co-founders, Pam Beale, as a result of the Alliance being awarded CPA money in 2019. Parker James is the other co-founder.
See our Achievements page for details on the CPA grant.
- Develop the notion of Charlesgate as a neighborhood – join us and donate!
- Improve the Charlesgate park areas. We hired Project Place to clean the park in the summers of 2019, 2020, 2021, and now 2022 to supplement the work that the Department of Conservation and Recreation performs.
- Consider enhancements that can be made for the Charlesgate area.
- Work with the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Landing Studio to begin comprehensive design for the Charlesgate Revitalization Project. This project will utilize $250,000 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and $400,000 from the City of Boston. For more information, see Achievements.
- Create safe, pedestrian friendly, public areas – Share your ideas
- Improve Muddy River water quality
- Help public agencies like the DCR and MassDOT maintain and improve the area
- Charlesgate revitalization
- A fully integrated Charlesgate neighborhood
- A solid, enduring Charlesgate Alliance organization
Landing Studio Designs
You can view presentations from our past meetings as downloadable PDFs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!