The Charlesgate Alliance launched on January 24th, 2017, to bring positive change to the Charlesgate neighborhood. We look forward to working with you!
We are dedicated to improving Charlesgate and to knitting together the Charlesgate district. We promise to become an effective new force to defend and serve our diverse and dynamic neighborhood.
Charlesgate was the focus of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy Virtual Annual Meeting on June 17th at 6pm. Thanks to Karen Mauney-Brodek, President of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Dan Adams and Marie Law Adams of Landing Studio, Charlesgate Revitalization Architects, and Garrett Dash Nelson, Curator of Maps, Norman B. Leventhal Map and Education Center, for making this a wonderful event. The link to the ENC annual meeting site is here.
The City of Boston made a video with one of our co-founders, Pam Beale, as a result of the Alliance being awarded CPA money in 2019. Parker James is the other co-founder.
See our Achievements page for details on the CPA grant.
- Develop the notion of Charlesgate as a neighborhood – join us and donate!
- Improve the Charlesgate park areas. 21 trees adjacent to Charlesgate were planted during Spring 2018.
- Consider enhancements that can be made for the Charlesgate area.
- Work with the Emerald Necklace Conservancy, Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Landing Studio to begin comprehensive design for the Charlesgate Revitalization Project. This project will utilize $250,000 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and $400,000 from the City of Boston. For more information, see Achievements.
- Create safe, pedestrian friendly, public areas – Share your ideas
- Improve Muddy River water quality
- Help public agencies like the DCR and MassDOT maintain and improve the area
- Charlesgate revitalization
- A fully integrated Charlesgate neighborhood
- A solid, enduring Charlesgate Alliance organization
Landing Studio Designs
You can view presentations from our past meetings as downloadable PDFs.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!